International Blokart Racing Association Blokart Sailing Rules
Edition 7 of the IBRA RulesEdition 7 of the Rules can be downloaded here: IBRA Rules Edition 7 – Published October 2019, effective from 1st January 2020 to 31st December 2021. Edition 7 Approved Equipment List can be downloaded here: IBRA approved accessories list edition 7v03.
Updated Edition 8 of the IBRA RulesThe IBRA rules have been updated following a period of consultation and input from competitors from around the world. Issues and discrepancies identified during that process have been tidied up in the latest Edition. Edition 8 rules will come into effect at events from 1 January 2022 until approximately December 2023, after which a new edition of the rules may be published or this edition extended. The following are some of the changes included;
- A statement added to reinforce that the rules are intended to be used in their entirety and without changes for all blokart events, with changes only permitted when needed to address location specific safety concerns.
- The penalty points for disqualification have been increased to differentiate from the penalties for lesser infringements, and the scoring approach standardized for single day events, regattas and race series.
- Some minor changes have been made to the equipment rules, including; permitting the new BIL branded tires to be used tubeless, allowing the use of tire sealant to help prevent punctures, and a new rule limiting the level of deformation permitted in the blokart chassis where this could provide an advantage
Disabled Sailors Modification Pre-approval Procedure
Disabled blokart competitors may seek a pre-approval certificate for modifications required to enable them to compete, as allowed for in Rule B.9.4.
These pre-approval certificates will outline the modification in detail and can be presented to the scrutineers at any IBRA sanctioned event (or those sanctioned by an IBRA member Association and their Clubs)
All competitors seeking a pre-approval certificate must also provide proof of their disability, either by way of a medical certificate / doctors letter, or a statement / card etc issued granting disability benefits (eg: disabled car parking permit)
- Class: (production or performance)
- Description of disability
- Proof of disability
- Description of modification required to mitigate the disability
- Photographs of modification required (if available).