Regretfully, we have taken the decision today to postpone the 2020 Blokart World championships until next year. While October still seems a long way off the following factors have contributed to our decision;

  • Earlier this week the Royal NZ Airforce informed us that the Airforce Base at Ohakea has been closed to visitors, particular those from overseas and is now unlikely to be available again by October.
  • The older age-demographic of our sport and associated high risk factors for participants.
  • Even if it were safe to go ahead, it is expected that many competitors will be financially stressed, and delaying a year will allow a greater chance for recovery and will help ensure the best participation possible
  • We want to avoid taking entry fees and committing money on an event where there is strong chance that event will need to be cancelled or scaled back.
  • We are mindful of the impact on people of delaying this decision too long, and hope that this now provides time to replan your year accordingly.

Our current plan is to reschedule the event for 18th to 26th October 2021. It is expected that dates will be 100% confirmed and NOR reissued by end of November 2020.

Stay safe, and keep sailing (where you can)…